The Retractable Skel (Skeletal Trailer) is designed to provide a range of carrying options while ensuring legal axle loading, height and width are within ADR (Australian Design Rules), the national standards for vehicle safety.
Innovact designed Skels can be:
- Dual or Triaxle
- Road train capable
- Stacked for empty transport or storage
- Pneumatically extended
- Docking height adjusted (pneumatically)
All Skels have EBS (Electronic Braking System) and the ability to show loaded weights, soft dock and can be tailored for each customer.
Innovact Consulting’s Team undertook an extensive project scope for these products, which included the following;
- Client RFQ and Process Review
- Design Conception
- Client and End User reviews
- Product and Project Costing, including offshore work packages
- Detailed Engineering Design and Analysis (FEA)
- Full trailer approval (NHVR and RVCS)
- Factory detailed fabrication drawings
- Factory assistance in fabrication
- System Integration (suspensions, brakes, pneumatics, sensors)
- Testing and operational commissioning
- Australian Approvals and validation
- Client and End User assistance for in-field operational deployment
- Operating Manuals, Maintenance Manuals and in Service Spare Part
Innovact can design and deliver a chassis with superior strength, performance and durability with a low TARE weight and high payload to suit multiple customer requirements.