Wheeled Flow Tanks
The term “flow” is short for the term “flowback.”
Flow Tanks are designed to provide quick and effective storage of fluids at a hydraulic fracturing site. Flow Tanks can be used to store either pre-injected liquids or, more often, store liquids that are recovered as a result of a fracing operation.
A Flow Tank allows for heavy sediment filtration and the recycling and reuse of the frac or drilling fluid.
The tanks are transported empty to the site then set up next to the well and can be coupled together to make a larger volume of fluid available for the process.
Innovact Consulting provided Engineering, Design, Compliance and Approval services to our client in developing a range of Fracing and Flow-Back Tanks for the Oil and Gas Industry.
Innovact Consulting’s Team undertook an extensive project scope for these products, which included the following;
- Client RFQ and Process Review
- Design Conception
- Client and End User reviews
- Product and Project Costing, including offshore work packages
- Detailed Engineering Design and Analysis (FEA and CFD)
- Full trailer approval (NHVR and RVCS)
- Factory detailed fabrication drawings
- Factory assistance in fabrication
- System Integration (suspensions, brakes, hydraulics, pneumatics, pump systems, PLC controls, Process Flow and sensors)
- Testing and operational commissioning
- Australian Approvals and validation
- Client and End User assistance for in-field operational deployment
- Operating Manuals, Maintenance Manuals and in Service Spare Part
The extent of the project and skills within Innovact allow us to offer a turn-key solution to meet your needs. Our local and offshore manufacturing partners and facilities allows us to offer significant capability to meet demand, pricing and complexity that these projects entail.
Innovact designs are compliant with:
- NHVR (National Heavy Vehicle Regulator)
- API-RP-620 (Low Pressure Welded Tanks)
- AS1657 (Fixed Platforms, Walkways, Stairways and Ladders)
The following enhancements can also be tailored to each customer:
- Single or dual axle units
- Various axles and suspension manufacturer options
- Transported in Road Train (up to three units)
- Choice of hydraulic leg options
- Inlets/outlets to seamlessly fit into your operations
- Interior surface finish to suit your operations
- Sloped internal floor
- Central dividing wall
- Internal weirs (including foam capture)
- Scavenge ports (sediment removal)
- Harness points
- Maintenance hatches
- Tool boxes
- Spare tyre and recessed storage